Licensed Professional Counselor
I became a licensed professional counselor because I am passionate about creating connections that make a positive difference in others’ lives. I am experienced in working with children, adolescents, and adults with various concerns including anxiety, phobias, depression, grief and loss, poor self-esteem, body image issues, family issues, parenting and life transitions. I strive to provide an environment that is warm, relaxed, and engaging where clients can have fun while gaining insight and making positive changes.
When working with children, I use play therapy to allow free expression and cognitive-behavioral therapy to help children identify the connections between their thoughts, feelings, and behavior and learn skills to cope effectively. When working with adolescents and adults, I use an interpersonal approach with cognitive-behavioral techniques to help individuals better understand themselves and learn coping skills for the future. I am trained in the SPACE (Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions) treatment intervention and work with parents to help their children overcome problematic anxiety.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
– Licensed Professional Counselor with Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marymount University
– Professional memberships with Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC) and American Counseling Association (ACA)
– Trained in SPACE (Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions) Treatment Intervention
– Utilize Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Play Therapy, and Interpersonal techniques
More about me:
– I live in Falls Church with my husband and two children
– I enjoy taking family walks, puzzling, baking, and summer vacations in Maine