Resident in Counseling
Are you not quite sure what’s wrong or where to begin to feel better? Or maybe you know exactly what’s been bothering you and need help moving forward. Either way, making changes and talking about difficult topics can be scary, and you don’t have to go it alone. Counseling is often emotionally demanding work and I aim to provide a safe space for clients where we can tackle difficulties. During life’s challenging times, I believe we need unbiased guidance and support to help us become better versions of ourselves, and to determine necessary steps for sustainable change, enhanced happiness, and meaning in life. Whether you already know which areas in your life need some attention, or something just feels off and you need help identifying what’s going on inside you, I will provide you with a warm, non-judgmental, empathetic, and often humorous, space to meet you where you are. Together, we will explore ways to help you define and reach your goals.
Using a tailored approach specific to your needs, I draw upon the Gottman Method, Imago Relationship Therapy, psychodynamic, and family system approaches. I also incorporate mindfulness techniques into my practice. Some of my professional areas of interest include, symptom relief from anxiety and depression; life transitions – including career changes, and the stressors that come with graduating from college; interpersonal relationship difficulties; intimacy, sexuality, and sexual health issues pertaining to relationships; infidelity; men’s issues; financial-related stress; grief and loss; and coping with challenging family dynamics. I have extensive experience working with cultures from all over the world and have worked with many expats. I continually seek to enhance my understanding of how my areas of interest manifest themselves across various cultures.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Resident in Counseling and am awaiting to take my exam to become a Licensed Professional Counselor. I am supervised by Amy Clay, LPC
• Master’s degree in Community Agency Counseling from George Mason University – Bachelor’s degree from East Carolina University (go Pirates!) in Communication
• Professionals memberships include Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC), American Counseling Association (ACA), Chi Sigma Iota honor society in Academic Counseling.
More about me:
• I am a Washington DC native
• I have my scuba diving certification and always look forward to traveling and finding new scuba spots.
• I’m an avid animal lover and have a dog who is treated like a human child.
• I worked in the corporate world for about 11 years.