Betty Luo, MSW
Supervisee in Social Work
|Falls Church (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Attachment Based
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person Centered
- Solution Focused
- Strengths Based
Does it ever feel like something’s missing? Maybe you’re feeling a bit stuck? Or maybe you’re not sure what it is you’re feeling? I know how exhausting it can be to carry as usual on when you’re feeling this way, and my goal is to help you figure out what’s going on and how to resolve it. My approach is empathetic, laid-back, and nonjudgmental, and I’m here to tailor our time together based on your needs and your strengths.
I work with individual adults and adolescents using a variety of evidence-based modalities, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), mindfulness, psychodynamic therapy, strengths-based and person-centered modalities, and solutions-focused therapy. I believe in supporting the flexibility and growth of the whole person, and that building a respectful, trusting, and collaborative therapeutic relationship is essential to using our time together effectively.
I’ve lived in the Northern Virginia area as long as I can remember and I have experience working with clients from diverse communities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- I can speak Mandarin Chinese at an intermediate level.
- When outdoors, I enjoy hiking, camping, and traveling.
- When indoors, I enjoy jigsaw puzzles, podcasts, and spoiling my cat Hazel.
- Anger Management
- Emotional Regulation
- Anxiety / Panic
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Domestic Violence
- Family Dynamics
- Gender/Sexual Identity (LGBTQIA+)
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Obsessive-Compulsive Behaviors
- Racial/Cultural Identity
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Stress and Overwhelm
- Master’s degree in Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University
- Juris Doctorate degree from George Mason University School of Law
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from University of Virginia
- Member of National Association of Social Workers (NASW)