Supervisee in Social Work
Betty can be reached at (571) 409-1744 or
Does it ever feel like something’s missing? Maybe you’re feeling a bit stuck? Or maybe you’re not sure what it is you’re feeling? I know how exhausting it can be to carry as usual on when you’re feeling this way, and my goal is to help you figure out what’s going on and how to resolve it. My approach is empathetic, laid-back, and nonjudgmental, and I’m here to tailor our time together based on your needs and your strengths.
I work with individual adults and adolescents using a variety of evidence-based modalities, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), mindfulness, psychodynamic therapy, strengths-based and person-centered modalities, and solutions-focused therapy. I believe in supporting the flexibility and growth of the whole person, and that building a respectful, trusting, and collaborative therapeutic relationship is essential to using our time together effectively.
I’ve lived in the Northern Virginia area as long as I can remember and I have experience working with clients from diverse communities, cultures, and backgrounds.
Education, Credentials, & Memberships
- Supervisee in Social Work under the Supervision of George Coyne, LCSW
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of Virginia
- Juris Doctorate from George Mason University School of Law
- Master’s in Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
More about Me:
- I can speak Mandarin Chinese at an intermediate level
- When outdoors, I enjoy hiking, camping, and traveling
- When indoors, I enjoy jigsaw puzzles, podcasts, and spoiling my cat Hazel