Licensed Professional Counselor, Board Certified Art Therapist
Caroline can be reached at 703-473-5856 or
Creativity. Art as Healing. Holistic. Family Connectivity. I have had the pleasure of serving as an art therapist for the past 12 years. I believe that compassion, creativity, and humor are the keystones of developing a therapeutic relationship. I have been committed for the past decade to helping families explore their personal strength and resources in their families, school, and communities. I developed a curriculum with the Kennedy Kreeger Institute targeting self-expression, emotional regulation, and positive peer interaction. I continued this approach, integrating mental health, the arts, and education in the course of obtaining a Doctorate of Education from Florida State University.
As a Trauma-Informed Cognitive Behavioral Art Therapist, I focused my training and professional development on the impact of trauma across one’s lifespan. I framed this approach within the theory of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). Using a family systems approach to DBT, my art interventions are based on mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness. My therapy space provides an outlet for children and teenagers to express their own voice while building upon communication within the family unit. Together, we can create a plan that best meets your family’s needs. I believe that the DBT philosophy can be taught to children and adults through yoga (trauma-informed certified), art, non-directive play, and talk therapy!
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Licensed Professional Counselor
• Registered Board-Certified Art Therapist
• Certified Trauma Informed Cognitive Behavior Therapist
• Provides supervision for both LPC and ATR licensure.
• Doctorate in Program Evaluation and Masters in Art Therapy from Florida State University
• Specialized training in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, “MATCH-ADC and “CORE” curriculum development from George Mason University
• Trained Psychological First Aide
• Northern Virginia Counseling Professional Counselors (NVLPC)
• Art Therapy Association
More about me:
• I enjoy spending time with my family pursuing the many cultural events has to offer or learning how to lift as much weight I can over my head!