Resident in Counseling
I believe that every person and system posseses a unique, creative intelligence that guides them towards healing and wholeness. As a therapist, I strive to hold a safe, warm, accepting space for my clients to experience growth and transformation. I support children, adolescents, and adults through a variety of concerns including anxiety, depression, life-transitions, emotional dysregulation, LGBTQ+ matters, suicidal thoughts and self-harm, interpersonal and family conflict, trauma, low self-esteem, and behavioral problems.
Through a collaborative, person-centered approach, I strive to respect and celebrate individual needs throughout the therapeutic process. I utilize trauma-informed interventions based in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), mindfulness, and attachment theory. I believe in helping children tap into their creative, playful essence through play therapy to help them develop positive self-esteem, express their thoughts and feelings, practice emotional regulation, and promote effective problem-solving. My training in trauma-informed yoga shapes my mindful approach in sessions to promote holistic, mind-body healing, and somatic mindfulness. I am passionate about helping my clients establish a strong mind-body connection so they can use their innate wisdom to guide them towards healing and wholeness. I use self-soothing practices from my yoga training, such as breathing exercises and mindfulness, to educate my clients on effective calming skills.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Resident in Counseling working toward my license as a Licensed Professional Counselor and practicing under the supervision of Katie Clark, LPC, RPT.
• Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Old Dominion University
• Dual bachelor’s degrees from Virginia Tech in Psychology and Philosophy
• Before transitioning to counseling, I worked as an early childhood educator and yoga instructor, both of which inform my work today.
More about me:
• When I’m not working, I love traveling, spending time in nature, practicing yoga, and creating art.