Graduate Counseling Intern
You want your life to change, but you see too many barriers in your way. As your counselor, I believe that creating an environment of support, authenticity, and acceptance leads to not only positive outcomes for clients, but positive experiences in therapy itself.
I approach therapy on an individualized basis, tailoring you or your child’s treatment plan and session experiences by meeting you where you are, and working together toward your goals. I believe that the ultimate goal in life is love: our family, friends, community, universe, and self. I believe that through living a life most authentic to our true selves, we will always succeed.
Working with both young children as well as adults, I believe that both populations benefit greatly through the use of humor and expressive arts. With experience in behavioral therapy, I tailor the needs of my child clients to reduce problem behavior, as well as work with them in developing healthy coping skills and self-esteem. While working with adult clients, my goal as your counselor is to create a warm space and relationship with you in which you can feel best equipped to work towards your goals. Coming from a person-centered approach, I believe that we all have the innate ability to transform our lives through living true to ourselves. I believe that therapy is a collaborative process, and you deserve to be the author of your own story-not anyone else.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Trained in Applied Behavioral Analysis & practicing RBT
• Omega Phi Alpha Alumni
• Published Author -Maurer, Trent W. and Keim, Cassidy (2018) “Teaching about prejudice with a Bogardus Social Distance Scale activity: replication and extension,” International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: Vol 12: No. 1, Article 7. -Available at https://doi.org/10.20429.ijsotl.2018.120107
More about me:
• Spent my childhood in the South Pacific
• I’m a part-time Yogi, true crime and memoir enthusiast, and iced coffee fiend
• I’m glued at the hip to my dog