Resident in Counseling
Dan can be reached at 703-214-6430 or
Those who come to counseling often feel stuck – they want life to be different, but are unsure of how to get there. I help my clients understand the causes of their struggles and develop a plan to achieve their goals. The counseling process enables clients to become more hopeful, confident and secure with themselves, relationships, and the future ahead.
Therapy is free from judgment and others’ expectations – here, we focus on improving your wellbeing from your own perspective. I approach our sessions with empathy, working calmly and collaboratively. I serve as an experienced guide, drawing from a variety of counseling approaches including cognitive-behavioral, existential, family systems, and attachment models. I specialize in both individual and couples counseling. I help individuals tackle a variety of issues including depression and anxiety, establishing healthy relationships, and managing emotions. I also work with couples to help improve communication and develop intimacy and with teenagers struggling with the academic and social demands of high school.
I have lived in Northern Virginia for most of my life and understand the intense pressures of this area. Before finding my vocation in counseling, I worked in finance and healthcare consulting. Through the process of changing careers, I became intimately familiar with the stress and anxiety brought about by major life transitions, and I draw from this experience in my work with clients.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Master of Science, Clinical Mental Health Counseling – Johns Hopkins University
• Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy and Politics – University of Virginia
• Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 2
• Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Techniques
• Applied Suicide Intervention Skills (ASIST)
• American Counseling Association (ACA)
• Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors association (NVLPC)
More about me:
• I live with my wife and infant son (born June 2020), and have extended family in Northern Virginia
• In my free time I enjoy golfing, watching football (go Pack, go!), enjoying delicious Italian food, and spending time outdoors