Resident in Counseling
Dana can be reached at (561) 797-7949 or at
As a counselor, I find the greatest joy in knowing that my clients are entering into an empowering environment that fosters positive change. I am passionate about uplifting my clients so that they can overcome any obstacle thrown their way. My therapeutic philosophy is to impact others through education and compassion so that they can live healthy, fulfilling, courageous, intentional, and enjoyable lives.
I work with children, teens, and adults that are suffering from anxiety and depression along with other issues such as emotional regulation, attachment, behavioral issues, anger issues, and impulse control disorders. I meet my clients where they are at and create unique treatment plans with techniques ranging from a wide array of therapeutic lenses but mainly focus on Gestalt Therapy and Person-centered therapy. Meeting my client’s where they are at also means having knowledge of multiculturalism and nonjudgmental understanding which I will bring into the therapeutic relationship. I often employ the use of videos, books, and worksheets to educate and help my client better understand the issue that is of focus.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Bachelor of Science degree in Biology double minoring in Psychology and Chemistry from Howard University
• Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Marymount University
• The American Counseling Association
More about me:
• I love reading fiction novels
• I love going to the beach and snorkeling
• Hiking is one of my favorite activities because it always gives you the best views.
• I love playing with my puppy
• I love traveling and experiencing new cultures