Resident in Counseling
Elizabeth can be reached at 813-390-5193 or
Misunderstood, alone, angry, confused, sad, anxious, apathetic, lost. These are a few common emotions that can often feel overwhelming and never-ending. My goal as a therapist is to help people uncover their own strengths, accompany them on their healing journey, and empower them with the tools they need to navigate life’s challenges, relationships, and experiences.
I work with adolescents and adults experiencing a variety of issues, including depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, interpersonal/relationship conflict, anger, family conflict, trauma, boundary issues, emotional dysregulation, low self-esteem, life transitions, and behavioral problems.
Inherent in my approach is a commitment to tailoring therapy to meet the needs of my clients by incorporating a variety of techniques. I do this through the foundation of a collaborative, client-centered approach to mindfulness, Cognitive-Behavioral Theory (CBT), and attachment theory, always striving to create an environment of trust, warmth, kindness, and honesty. At your request, I am open to incorporating spirituality and faith into counseling. I work with clients of all faith perspectives and personally practice Christianity. Working with clients to set and achieve goals, I help them develop the awareness and agency to make lasting, positive change in their own lives.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
– Resident in Counseling and practicing under the supervision of Colleen McCarron, LPC.
– National Certified Counselor
– Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Wake Forest University.
– Dual bachelor’s degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in English and religious studies
– Professional memberships: Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC), American Counseling Association (ACA), the Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling (ASERVIC), and Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society.
More about me:
– I live in Falls Church with my husband, son, and bernedoodle.
– In my spare time, you can find me spending time with family, going on walks, experimenting with new recipes, and trying to squeeze in time to read.