Licensed Professional Counselor
Erika can be reached at 540-520-5696 or
It is my belief that by creating a caring, nonjudgmental, authentic, and safe therapeutic relationship, clients can feel empowered to create the life they want to lead. I work with children, adolescents, and adults in various life stages through a combination of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and person-centered therapy, Mindfulness practices and psychodynamic approaches. I love helping clients to realize they have many of the skills needed to get themselves where they want to go.
I have an extensive background in working with children of all ages and their families. I am passionate about helping children work through trauma, anger, anxiety, school, and familial stressors to express their needs and desires in appropriate ways. I have experience working with children with ADHD, depression, anger management, behavioral challenges, and developmental disorders/delays. I have worked extensively with families struggling to help their child succeed and feel safe in school. I have worked in schools for the last 13 years, both as a counselor and as a teacher, which gives me a unique perspective when working with families and school-age children. This experience tends to be particularly helpful when advocating and collaborating with school teams.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Virginia
• Professional School Counselor in a nearby public school.
• Master’s degree in School Counseling and Post Master’s Certificate in Community Agency Counseling from George Mason University.
• Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education.
• Prior to counseling, I spent almost 10 years as an educator.
• Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC)
• American Counseling Association (ACA)
• American School Counseling Association (ASCA)
• Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society
More about me:
• When I’m not working, you can find me spending time with my family, and spending time outside skiing, hiking, camping, dog-walking, biking, beach-sitting as much as possible!