Resident in Counseling
We often find ourselves seeking help when something is wrong, but I work with families and children to help them see what is right. I believe that humans are fundamentally creative, innovative, compassionate, and fully capable of accessing their joy. The therapeutic process is not one size fits all, nor will it be successful when the therapist calls all of the shots. My clients are the experts, and I work collaboratively to find the best approach to achieve growth.
I use a strength-based approach in counseling, which helps clients discover what makes them special, and channel that toward learning healthy communication and coping skills. As a former preschool teacher and yoga instructor, I place a heavy emphasis on play and mindfulness in my work, leveraging both to help clients learn, work through trauma, and uncover their true feelings. I also encourage my clients to use the mind-body connection to support themselves. Overall, creating an empathetic, trusting space where my clients can express themselves fully is fundamental to my work.
Education, Credentials and Memberships:
- Resident in Counseling working toward my license as a Licensed Professional Counselor and practicing under the supervision of Jennifer Munroe, LPC.
- Masters in the Science of Education and Masters in the Philosophy of Education from the University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelors in Psychology from Barnard College
- Trainee with Lion’s Story
More about me:
- I’m originally from Arizona but have lived in big cities on the east coast for the last seven years
- I love baking, hiking, knitting, and reading
- I’m a certified yoga instructor