Resident in Counseling
Sometimes the challenges and transitions of life can be hard to move through on your own. As a counselor I meet you where you are and hold space for what you are experiencing. Through this, my goal is to help you unearth your innate strengths and to support you in your unique journey through all that life and relationships may bring.
I work with adolescents and adults, who experience a variety of issues. These issues include anxiety, relationship anxiety, stress, life balancing and wellness, life transitions, self-esteem and personal growth, interpersonal/relationship issues, and grief and loss. When working together, I strive to hold space for you to foster a non-judgmental, trusting, and warm relationship together, and to promote growth through your unique journey. I work to tailor my approach to address your needs and achieve your goals.
The foundation of my approach is a collaboration of client-centered and psychodynamic approaches. My background in behavioral change focused holistic health coaching shapes my approach to be all encompassing and to address all facets of one’s lifestyle, with strong emphasis on the mind-body connection and mindfulness.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Counseling intern working toward the completion of my Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Antioch University, under the supervision of Charlie Clark.
• National Board-Certified Health and Wellness Coach through the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching
• Certification in Psychological First Aid, Johns Hopkins University
• Bachelor’s degree from Sewanee-The University of the South, in Economics with a focus on International Economics and a minor in International Business
• American Counseling Association (ACA)
More about me:
• I live in Old Town Alexandria, VA with my boyfriend, my plants, and our two dogs, Bunny and Jake
• When I’m not working, I can often be found outside, gardening, running, or walking with my fur babies
• I am also a certified indoor cycling instructor and love any and all music that gets me moving!