Georgie Whatmore, MA
Resident in Counseling
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Person Centered
Sometimes the challenges and transitions of life can be hard to move through on your own.
As a counselor I meet you where you are and hold space for what you are experiencing. Through this, my goal is to help you unearth your innate strengths and to support you in your unique journey through all that life and relationships may bring. I specialize in young adults but I work with adolescents and adults, who experience a variety of issues. These issues include anxiety, relationship anxiety, stress, life balancing and wellness, life transitions, self esteem and personal growth, interpersonal/relationship issues, and grief and loss.
When working together, I strive to hold space for you to foster a non-judgemental, trusting, and warm relationship together, and to promote growth through your unique journey. I work to tailor my approach to address your needs and achieve your goals. My background in behavioral change focused holistic health coaching shapes my approach to be all encompassing and to address all facets of one’s lifestyle, with a strong emphasis on the mind-body connection. The foundation of this approach is a collaboration of a psychodynamic and person-centered approach, meaning we look to see you as more than a set of problems or symptoms. This provides you with a safe and non-judgemental space for you to explore and deepen your experiences.
- I live in Old Town Alexandria, VA with my fiancé, my plants, and our two dogs, Bunny and Jake.
- Although I officially completed graduate school, my love of learning continues! I can often be found continuing my education with deepening my understanding on how nutrition impacts both our physical health and also our mental and emotional health!
- My favorite hobbies take place outside – I love gardening, running, or walking with my fur babies.
- I am a certified indoor cycling instructor and love any and all music that gets me moving!
- Anxiety / Panic
- Emotional Regulation
- Attention Disorders (ADHD)
- Body Image
- Career Counseling
- Family Dynamics
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Stress and Overwhelm
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Antioch University
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics with a focus on International Economics and a minor in International Business from Sewanee-The University of the South
- Certification in Trauma Counseling from Antioch University
- National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach through the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching
- Certification in Psychological First Aid from Johns Hopkins University
- Member of Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC) and American Counseling Association (ACA)