Licensed Professional Counselor
For the past ten years, I’ve provided therapeutic services in a variety of settings including schools, hospitals, clinics, jails, and universities. I particularly enjoy working with children and adolescents as I find them so full of undiscovered insight and genuine creativity. With adults, I often look forward to finding this same spirit of play as I consider it an essential component to optimizing mental health!
As a practitioner and facilitator of mindfulness and meditative techniques, I’ve found that there is immense power in being fully present every minute of our session. I am highly attentive to my clients and excel at helping clients develop this ability on their own. My approach is primarily Person-Centered and I often see myself functioning as a facilitator (and, at times, translator) of a client’s interior dialogue. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Solution Focused strategies also play a part in my approach and are adapted appropriately to the needs and goals of my clients.
I have several years of experience working with clients of all age groups, various ethnic and racial backgrounds as well as those with unique philosophical/spiritual value systems. I thoroughly enjoy working with clients from dynamic backgrounds and helping them to navigate the more complex issues surrounding identity and career development. As an overarching framework, I subscribe to the Neuroaffective Relational model and the Interpersonal Neurobiology theory.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Virginia and a graduate degree in Education and Human Development from The George Washington University
• Licensed Professional Counselor
• Nationally Certified Counselor
• Certified Global Career Development Facilitator (GCDF)
More about me:
• I absolutely love a cold plunge! Especially by waterfalls.
• In my extra time, I deeply enjoy exploring Russian cinema and Eastern poetry.
• I’m formerly an EMT and a tea connoisseur