Licensed Professional Counselor
Jacqueline can be reached at 571-429-4848 or
I decided to go into the field of counseling because I believe that having a dedicated, nonjudgmental space of our own can be an incredible catalyst for growth and examining how our thought patterns are affecting our feelings and behaviors can be life-altering.
As a longtime resident of Northern Virginia, I know personally that there are unique aspects to living in this area that can magnify the anxiety and pressure that we feel. My clients primarily include adolescent females (14+) and women who are feeling overburdened by their stress and anxiety at school, work, or home as well as those stuck in a transition – whether that be adjusting to middle school, high school, college, post-college life, post-partum life, a relationship change, a loss, and more. I have worked with teens and their families for fifteen years, including serving as the Assistant Youth Director at McLean Presbyterian Church. I’ve also worked in the corporate world managing early career staff, so I understand the difficulties of adjusting to life after college.
My approach draws primarily from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which focuses on solving current problems and modifying unhelpful thinking and behavior patterns. As Clinical Lead of Group Counseling, I oversee groups at Sunstone and I reserve most of my after-school hours for group counseling. Joining a group not only allows you to meet with a trained counselor, often at a reduced cost, but it provides a unique way to get support from others who are going through similar challenges. I encourage you to reach out about group opportunities if you would like to learn more.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Clinical Lead of Group Counseling at Sunstone
- Leads Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills Creative Arts Groups for Adolescents with corresponding workshops for parents
- Completed “Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills for Adolescents and Families” training through Dr. Marsha Linehan’s Behavioral Tech (2021)
- Completed “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Youth” intensive training at the Beck Institute in Philadelphia (2018)
- Completed training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) for adolescents (2018)
- Contract counselor for The Madeira School (2017-2020)
- Master’s degree in Counseling & Development – Community Agency Counseling from George Mason University
- Dual bachelor’s degrees from Virginia Tech in Psychology and Spanish; minor in Art History
More about me:
- I am a long-time resident of Northern Virginia and currently live in Arlington with my husband and two daughters.
- In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family, catching up with friends, cooking, reading, writing, group fitness, and running.