Licensed Professional Counselor
I decided to go into the field of counseling because I believe that having a dedicated, nonjudgmental space of our own can be an incredible catalyst for growth and examining how our thought patterns are affecting our feelings and behaviors can be life-altering.
My clients primarily include teen girls and women who are feeling overburdened by their stress and anxiety at school, work, or home as well as those stuck in a transition – whether that be adjusting to middle school, high school, college, post-college life, post-partum life, a relationship change, a loss, and more. I have worked with teens and their families for over twelve years, including serving as the Assistant Youth Director at McLean Presbyterian Church.
My approach draws primarily from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which focuses on solving current problems and modifying unhelpful thinking and behavior patterns. I am a big fan of the benefits of group counseling. Joining a group not only allows you to meet with a trained counselor, often at a reduced cost, but it provides a unique way to get support from others who are going through similar challenges. I reserve most of my after-school hours for group counseling and I encourage you to reach out about these opportunities if you would like to learn more!
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
• Contract counselor for The Madeira School
• Leads regular Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)-informed Creative Arts groups for middle schoolers and high schoolers
• Completed “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Youth” intensive training at the Beck Institute in Philadelphia (2018)
• Completed training in Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) for adolescents (2018)
• Master’s degree in Counseling & Development – Community Agency Counseling from George Mason University
• Dual bachelor’s degrees from Virginia Tech in Psychology and Spanish; minor in Art History
More about me:
• I am a long-time resident of Northern Virginia and currently live in Arlington with my husband and two daughters.
– In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my family, catching up with friends, cooking, reading, writing, group fitness, and running.