|Ashburn (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Attachment Based
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Gottman Method
- Family Systems
- Person Centered
- Strengths Based
Do you need a safe place to explore an ongoing struggle, an important relationship, or yourself? “We don’t have to do all of it alone. We were never meant to” (Brene Brown). Inviting a trained counselor to walk alongside you as you examine your private struggles can create clarity and capacity that leads to momentum in your personal and relational development.
I specialize in adolescents, young adults, women’s issues, and parenting. Some common issues I address include, but are not limited to: anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, stress and overwhelm, challenges with roles and work/life balance, emotional dysregulation, boundary issues, self-esteem and self-confidence, loss and grief, and relational conflict and disconnection.
My therapeutic approach is warm, non-judgmental, curious, and collaborative. I believe you are the expert of your life and I am honored to walk with you for a time. I provide uniquely tailored treatment plans that are based on your goals. I will use expertise and research-informed interventions to equip you with knowledge and skills that will support your continued progress long after we complete our work together.
I see relationships as central to our human experience and a catalyst for personal development. I use Bowenian Family Systems Theory to understand how patterns of relating affect individual and family functioning as individuals balance a need for autonomy and a need for connection. Other models that I draw from are Person-Centered Therapy (promoting self-awareness, self-reflection and choices), Existential Therapy (constantly discovering, evolving and making sense of existence) and Strengths Based Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (understanding how thoughts, feelings and behavior are linked).
I’m so happy you are here!
- My husband and I enjoy traveling to quaint towns, hiking and watching plays/
- We have four daughters that range from pre-teen to young adult/
- I love reading, participating in book clubs, watching period dramas, playing board games and making the best pan-popped popcorn!
- Anger Management
- Emotional Regulation
- Anxiety / Panic
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Family Dynamics
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Obsessive-Compulsive Behaviors
- Perinatal / Postpartum
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Self-harm / Suicidal Ideation
- Social Skills
- Graduate Intern in the Master of Arts Program, Geneva College, anticipated August 2022
- Bachelor of Science in Marriage, Family and Human Development, Brigham Young University, 2000
- Student Member of American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Level 2 trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy