Resident in Counseling
My goal as a counselor is to create a safe and supportive space where an individual can express and explore their true self. It is my belief each client holds the inner wisdom to overcome life’s challenges and is the author of creating their own life’s meaning. It is my hope to empower others with the tools to navigate current struggles and transcend into a more integrated self.
I approach wellness from a holistic perspective, taking into account all aspects of the body, mind, and spirit into the healing process. I draw from many different perspectives in order to create a highly-individualized treatment plan. My education and experience are rooted in evidence-based interventions such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, where mindfulness of our thoughts can shift our emotions and behaviors. I also strive to incorporate engaging and creative interventions into the therapeutic process such as: art, props, reading, writing, music and movement. Through expressive arts clients can become grounded in the present, gain perspective and work through troubling thoughts and emotions.
I am passionate about working with adolescents and exploring the challenges experienced in the journey through young adulthood. As a Montessori teacher, I have over 10 years of experience supporting children and their families. I work with teens navigating: depression, anxiety, self-esteem and identity issues, relationship and family dynamics, and life transitions. I am also dedicated to working with adults experiencing a variety of issues such as; relationship and parenting challenges, anxiety, depression, grief and loss, and traumatic experiences.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Resident in Counseling practicing under the supervision of Charles Clark, LPC.
• Master of Arts degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Antioch University New England
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, summa cum laude with a focus on early childhood development from the University of Wyoming
• Montessori Philosophy/Instruction Certification, Caspari Institute
• American Counseling Association member (ACA)
More about me:
• In my spare time you can usually find me jumping into a creative project like painting/collaging/and carving bowls. Art to me is about letting go and getting messy! I am a kid at heart who still loves to finger paint.