Katie Clark, LPC, RPT, NCC
Licensed Professional Counselor
|McLean (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Child (7-10)
- Tween (11-13)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Young Child (3-6)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Person Centered
- Play Therapy
As a therapist, I am dedicated to providing an atmosphere of warmth, genuineness, acceptance, and respect for each unique individual in order to encourage personal growth. I am committed to giving people the space to work on various concerns. I draw my practice eclectically based on each individual’s needs – typically those practices have a strong foundation in person-centered therapy, CBT, and psychodynamic approaches.
Children: As a registered play therapist, I provide play therapy to children struggling with depression, anxiety, self-esteem issues, behavioral issues, adjustments, and problems occurring within the home or school. This helps kids to address and resolve challenges while empowering them to express their thoughts, feelings, and worries.
Adolescents: I have a passion in assisting adolescents to explore the complex challenges that come along with the transition into young adulthood. I work with teens dealing with concerns including depression, anxiety, self-harm, identity issues, social issues, sexual orientation, anger issues, resolving conflicts, and various adjustments.
Adults: I also work with adults to assist with life changes and personal struggles. Depression, anxiety, grief and loss, relationship issues, self esteem, infertility, life transitions, and parental issues are common areas that I works with.
- I’m originally from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- I played college fastpitch softball for Presbyterian College.
- Anger Management
- Anxiety / Panic
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Gender/Sexual Identity (LGBTQIA+)
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Racial/Cultural Identity
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Social Skills
- Stress and Overwhelm
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Registered Play Therapist (RPT)
- VA Board of Counseling Approved Clinical Supervisor
- Master’s degree in Counseling from Marymount University
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Presbyterian College