Kiera Guralnik, MA, NCC
Resident in Counseling
|Alexandria (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Child (7-10)
- Tween (11-13)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Young Child (3-6)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based
- Person Centered
- Play Therapy
In a world that is “go, go, go,” life can often feel overwhelming. It can take a toll on our work performance, home life, and relationships. Sometimes the thing we need most is to let ourselves slow down and feel.
I work with adults, adolescents, and children to provide them the support they need to navigate relationships, better understand themselves, and build skills in resiliency. I use a variety of therapeutic techniques including person-centered therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), mindfulness, and play therapy.
It is my mission as your therapist to tailor the work to you as an individual and meet you where you are. We all have an amazing ability to learn, grow, and heal. I am here to facilitate your growth and help you meet your goals in a safe and compassionate environment. I look forward to working with you!
In my free time, I enjoy traveling, hiking, and trying new recipes.
- Anger Management
- Emotional Regulation
- Anxiety / Panic
- Attention Disorders (ADHD)
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Social Skills
- Master’s degree in Counselor Education from University of Virginia
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from James Madison University
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- 5 years of experience as a school counselor in the public school system
- Member of Virginia School Counselor Association (VSCA)