Resident in Counseling
Lauren can be reached at (703) 829-6852 or
I strongly believe in the resilience and strength that all individuals are capable of. If life has thrown you a curveball, if you are hurt or grieving, or if you are just feeling stuck, it is easy to lose sight of this. I offer a warm, empathetic, and collaborative approach that lends itself well to helping individuals access their strengths in order to necessitate healing and growth.
I focus on trauma-informed modalities with a strong focus on Gestalt therapy (the focus on the here and now). I utilize elements of cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and various other techniques. I have dedicated nearly ten years to providing services to survivors of domestic and sexual violence, but also have experience working with diverse clients facing many types of life stressors and transitions.
Education, Credentials, & Memberships
- Resident in Counseling working toward my license as a Licensed Professional Counselor and practicing under the supervision of Maya Georgieva, LPC, Ed.D
- Master’s degree in Counseling & Development from George Mason University
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History and English from Bryn Mawr College
- Professional memberships include Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC), American Counseling Association (ACA), and Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society
More About Me
- I was raised on a farm in Delaware, but have been living in Northern Virginia for over ten years. In my free time I enjoy hiking and spending time outdoors with my family. I love reading – fiction, professional development, and everything in between!