Resident in Counseling
Lauren can be reached at 914-500-5754 or
Supported, safe, understood, capable, and empowered. My hope is my clients experience many of these feelings through our work together. I am passionate about collaborating with clients and families, and I tailor my approach to support each individual.
I develop trusting relationships and create a warm, non-judgmental environment to facilitate growth, increase self-awareness, and explore feelings. I aim to bring compassion, creativity, openness, and authenticity into my sessions. As an art therapist, I safely guide clients through the visual art process to express and process feelings. Art therapy can help people of all ages practice mindfulness, make connections between artmaking and their lives, and find meaning in what is created. Together, we can explore how artwork fits with thoughts, feelings, and experiences. No art experience is needed to participate in art therapy.
In addition to art therapy, I offer talk therapy and play therapy approaches based on each individual’s needs and preferences. I work with children ages 6+, adolescents, and adults, including people experiencing anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, grief, trauma, life transitions, families affected by a medical diagnosis, individuals with developmental disabilities, and those experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. Using a client-centered and strengths-based model, I follow each person’s lead and celebrate strengths to build resilience and self-esteem. I use an integrative therapeutic approach, drawing from frameworks including multicultural, trauma-focused, attachment-based, and family systems perspectives.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Dual bachelor’s degrees in Psychology and Studio Art from the University of Maryland
• Master’s degree in Art Therapy from The George Washington University
• Resident in Counseling working toward credential as a Licensed Professional Counselor
• Provisional Registered Art Therapist (ATR-P) working toward credential as a Registered Art Therapist
• I practice under board-approved supervision of Katie Clark, LPC, Amy Clay, LPC, and Diana Sabados, LPC, ATR-BC
• American Art Therapy Association (AATA)
• Potomac Art Therapy Association (PATA)