Resident in Counseling
As a counselor, I aim to provide a warm and inviting space where clients can explore more of their story. I enjoy working with clients across the lifespan and have a passion and experience working with children, adolescents, and young adults. Many clients seek counseling for a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, suicidal/ self-harming thoughts, life transitions, grief and loss, unmet expectations, behavioral issues, and emotional regulation.
Using a holistic approach to meet the needs of my clients, I incorporate play therapy techniques, Cognitive-Behavioral Theory (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and mindfulness techniques in an individualized, client centered approach for each client. Faith and spirituality can be avenues of hope and healing that I am open to incorporating into our sessions upon client’s request and I personally practice Christianity.
It’s a gift and privilege to work and hold stories with clients as they explore, grow, stretch, and do hard work toward their goals.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Resident in Counseling working toward my license as a Licensed Professional Counselor and practicing under the supervision of Katie Clark, LPC
• Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marymount University
• Bachelor degree from the University of Tennessee in Child and Family Studies and minor in psychology
• American Counseling Association (ACA)
More about me:
• When I am not working, I love being outside, exploring different parts of our city, reading, and playing games
• My favorite foods are pizza, ice cream, and blue corn chips.