Madison Tincha, MA, NCC
Resident in Counseling
|Alexandria (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adult (25+)
- Attachment Based
- Feminist Theory
- Sex Therapy
- Trauma Focused
Do you find yourself attracted to the same kind of relationships or partners? Are you stuck in the same patterns and stories? I believe I can help you. I work with adult individuals and couples who are struggling with various relationship issues including the early stages of dating, maintaining secure relationships, attachment issues, anxiety, self-esteem, and sex-related issues. Additionally, I am passionate about integrative couples and sex therapy. I work with issues like affairs and infidelity, polyamory & consensual non-monogamy, and kink & BDSM. I hope to foster a sex-positive environment that is free of judgement.
Generally, I help my clients through a psychodynamic approach. I believe that all individuals are children with complex experiences, who are now functioning in the world as adults. Because of this, we can work together to understand how and why you choose specific partners, behaviors, and how you communicate within your relationships. Together we can rewrite your story.
As a counselor, I find nothing more rewarding than helping my clients gain clarity and improve their relationships by understanding, appreciating, and developing themselves. It is my belief that through healing ourselves, we can show up more authentically in relationships.
I live in Old Town and love every minute of it. In my free time, I enjoy coffee shops, new restaurants, reading nonfiction, and making Spotify playlists.
- Bipolar/Mood Disorders
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Emotional Regulation
- Gender/Sexual Identity (LGBTQIA+)
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Sex and Intimacy
- Trauma and PTSD
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marymount University
- Master’s degree in Sociology from George Mason University
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations and Journalism from Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Level 1 trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Member of Alpha Kappa Delta, International Honor Society of Sociology, and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Member of American Counseling Association (ACA)