Melissa Johnson, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
|Richmond (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Attachment Based
- Christian Counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person Centered
“Change is the only constant in life.”
Your job, age, environment, relationships, etc. are constantly changing. Often this change brings with it stress, anxiety, confusion, etc. It is so easy for a major life transition to unearth old wounds or magnify unhelpful patterns. This can be incredibly overwhelming, and you don’t need to face it alone. I desire to create a space where you can be authentic and assured that your vulnerability will be engaged with the utmost respect. My goal is for you to experience the freedom that comes through counseling and processing life circumstances together. We all have a story and I would be honored to hear yours, should you choose to share it with me. Thank you for being brave enough to walk through the door!
I work with adolescents and adult women who experience anxiety, depression, women’s issues, postpartum struggles, life transitions, etc. My hope is to partner with you as you explore your story and learn more about yourself. I seek to provide a person-centered, supportive environment that puts you at ease and enables you to go at your own pace.
My approach is largely based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Attachment Theory, and Internal Family Systems Theory. However, certain techniques differ depending on your needs and best treatment practice. I am open to incorporating faith into our sessions if that’s something you desire. I have worked with clients from various faith backgrounds, and I personally practice Christianity.
I live with my husband, daughter, and labradoodle. The show “Friends” and chocolate chip cookies will forever be my favorites.
- Anxiety / Panic
- Career Counseling
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Emotional Regulation
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Perinatal / Postpartum
- Relationship Conflict
- Religion and Spirituality
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Social Skills
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Liberty University
- Bachelor’s degree from Liberty University in Psychology: Counseling and Human Development
- Member of Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC), American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), and Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society