Resident in Counseling
Life can be complicated, difficult, and overwhelming. Have you ever wanted to talk to someone that can offer support on your journey to emotional wellness? Are you struggling to find happiness? Do you wish things could change but do not know how to begin? I am ready to support you when you are ready to take the first step in this journey. I have a laid-back style and focus on creating a safe space. My approach is eclectic. My philosophy is that therapy and treatment cannot be one size fits all.
I strive to work collaboratively with each client in a non-judgmental space to improve overall happiness and wellbeing. Counseling can help you with several of the stressors in life such as anxiety, depression, grief, eating disorders, family conflict, and self-exploration. Counseling provides a safe place to take risks, be vulnerable, and grow.
I enjoy working with adolescents, adults, and families. I utilize mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to support clients in seeing the positive changes that they want to see in their lives. I work with clients from all religious and spiritual backgrounds. I am skilled in providing evidenced based Christian counseling if requested.
Education, Credentials and Memberships
- Licensed Resident in Counseling under the supervision of Catherine Crowe, LPC and Dr. Sophia Sills-Tailor, LPC.
- Nationally Certified Counselor
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Liberty University
- Master’s Degree in Forensic Psychology from Argosy University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology for the City University of New York
- Professional Memberships include Virginia Counselors Association (VCA)
More about me:
- I am native to New York City and now living in Gainesville, VA
- In my free time, you can find me traveling, reading, shopping, and spending time outdoors.