Licensed Professional Counselor
Are there areas of your life that, no matter what you seem to do feel “off,” disconnected, or unfulfilled?
Despite all your best efforts, do you find yourself feeling overwhelmed, overburdened, and craving control?
Is your teenage daughter struggling with self-worth, adjustment to high school or college, anxiety, or perfectionism?
Change isn’t easy. Helping clients connect with the natural ability to heal, change, and grow is the heart of my work as a counselor. I specialize in anxiety, depression, OCD, grief and loss, chronic illness, past trauma, adjustment to new life changes, perfectionism, relationship difficulties, and personal development. In addition, I have a special focus for women who are struggling with postpartum depression/anxiety, adjustment to motherhood, infertility, and miscarriage and infant loss.
My approach is integrative, person-centered, and trauma-informed. I incorporate Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT), CBT, and DBT-based approaches as well as mindfulness and mindbody practices. I am passionate about functional mental health, which means seeking to understand the root-causes of suffering and difficulty. This often means I integrate physical health referrals into my work as well to ensure that holistic healing is being addressed.
In our work together, we will focus on your personal strengths and values, cultivate self worth and self compassion, explore behaviors and relationships, and set goals; while incorporating the wisdom and tools of the body. Together we will make a plan that helps you take meaningful action towards a more fulfilling life. In addition to my counseling work I am a workshop facilitator and counselor educator, supporting those who look to bring more wellness into their lives.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor, NCC
- Postpartum Support VA Preferred Provider and support group leader (you’ll find me facilitating the Virginia Hospital Center support group every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month)
- American Counseling Association member
- Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors member
- Virginia Counselors Association member, past ASERVIC board member
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Contextual and Behavioral Sciences member
- Registered Yoga Teacher, RYT-200
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Marymount University, Arlington, VA
- Bachelor’s degree in human development, Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, FL
More about me:
- I love all kinds of animals, especially my dog Buddy
- I’ve been practicing yoga for over a decade and find something new each time I arrive on my mat.
- Dicing and chopping vegetables is one of my top 10 stress relievers.