|Alexandria (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Acceptance and Commitment (ACT)
- Dialectical Behavioral (DBT)
- Expressive Arts
- Mindfulness Based
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person Centered
Every person deserves to have a space where they can be authentically and unapologetically themselves. I went into counseling because I wanted to be able to provide that space for my clients. If you are feeling overwhelmed by life, I want to help. I work with adolescents and adults looking to regain control of their lives.
In working with clients, I draw from a person-centered approach. I believe that one of the most important components to therapy is the client-counselor relationship. I aim to foster trusting relationships with all my clients so that they feel comfortable in sharing any and all aspects of life with me.
I have experience working with individuals struggling with eating disorders, anxiety, depression, life transitions, and interpersonal relationship issues. In working with these individuals, I have learned that everyone has some issue or challenge that they are going through. In seeking counseling for that challenge, there is already strength and a desire for peace and contentment. Through the work, I hope to help my clients gain strength, clarity, and overall wellness.
I grew up in Connecticut, went to college in North Carolina, have lived in Florida, and currently reside in Alexandria, VA. I absolutely love the east coast. I now live with my sister and a rescue dog, Bogey.
- Anxiety / Panic
- Bipolar/Mood Disorders
- Body Image
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Regulation
- Gender/Sexual Identity (LGBTQIA+)
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Sex and Intimacy
- Stress and Overwhelm
- Pursuing Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from The George Washington University (anticipated 2023)
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, double minor in Criminal Justice and Special Education from High Point University (2020)
- Two years of experience working at an intensive outpatient (IOP) eating disorder treatment center
- Member of American Counseling Association and Chi Sigma Iota – Counseling Honor Society