Resident in Counseling
During difficult times, the word “unravel” resonates with most of us. As human beings, at some point, we are bound to experience life stressors, trauma events, relationship difficulties whilst it is not uncommon for our lives to unravel. I know that no single approach is the right fit for every individual, and a range of modalities is key to guide and assist in finding resolution and balance. My great passion is bringing healing to the people who have been through traumatic/stressful experiences. I believe in meeting clients where they are and in creating a collaborative therapeutic relationship. I provide gentle guidance, therapeutic expertise, education, tools, and skilled insight, while the client provides the willingness to share their story, explore learn, and give their best effort towards accomplishing their unique treatment goals.
I bring 15 years of clinical experience to the Sunstone Counseling practice. I specialize in working with trauma, depression, anxiety, adjustment disorders, relationship issues, and situational stress for a diverse adolescent and adult population. I use an individualized and collaborative approach with my clients whilst committed to helping each on his or her unique journey toward wellness. My clinical approaches include Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Solution-Oriented Therapy, Person-Centered attachment-focused, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and Play Therapy. I have worked in various roles as a Crisis Counselor for at-risk youth and their family members, Foster Care, and Clinical Outpatient Therapy.
My passion and compassion for helping people are rooted in understanding life’s experiences and how we individually express and interpret our being. My motto and purpose in life have been to assist individuals in self-expression, in a safe and compassionate space. I am here to believe in my clients until they are ready to believe in themselves. Each individual has a unique journey and story to tell; my eclectic approach allows a diverse range of life experiences to be explored.
- Education, Credentials & Memberships:
- • Resident in Counseling, practicing under the supervision of Catherine Crowe, MA, LPC
- • Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Walden University
- • Bachelors Degree in Psychology from Park University
• Licensed Qualified Mental Health Professional in VA
• Professional membership with American Counseling Association (ACA)
• Professional membership with The National Society of Leadership and Success
(Sigma Alpha Pi), Honors Society.
- More About Me:
- • In my free time I enjoy taking nature walks, kayaking, traveling internationally, family road trips, and summer vacations to Florida.
• I am bilingual in English/Spanish