Rachel Stewart, MA, NCC
Resident in Counseling
|Falls Church (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Tween (11-13)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based
- Person Centered
Have you ever wondered where your anxiety stems from or how you can fight off that negative voice in your head? Are you currently feeling stuck and wish to find healthy ways to cope? Difficulties in life are inevitable, but we all have the power to control our reactions to life’s circumstances. I believe that in order to overcome any issue, we must first address it head on by processing through our emotions and feelings. My goal in therapy is to provide a safe space for you to do this, judgement free.
I am passionate about helping adolescents, adults and families who are experiencing issues such as anxiety, depression, life transitions, self esteem issues, stress, interpersonal issues such as family and relationship conflict, and more. In therapy, I primarily utilize a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) approach, while also incorporating mindfulness, person centered, and existential therapeutic techniques in order to tailor my counseling to each individual, because no two people are exactly the same. In addition to this, I am open to including spirituality into counseling if requested. I personally practice Christianity, but I work with clients of all faith backgrounds.
- I grew up in a military family, so I moved around about 7 times before settling in the Northern Virginia area.
- I have current experience working in the Neuropsychology field administering neuropsychological and psycho-educational tests to individuals of all ages.
- In my free time I enjoy exploring and traveling to new places, and spending time with my friends, family and husband.
- Anxiety / Panic
- Family Dynamics
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Relationship Conflict
- Religion and Spirituality
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Trauma and PTSD
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marymount University
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with a minor in Family Studies from James Madison University
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)