Resident in Counseling
Sara can be reached at 301-541-3224 or
Through my diverse education and work experience I have come to find through the fluid connection of body and mind that clients can better navigate this hectic world. In this holistic humanistic approach, I use Gestalt Therapy and Person-Centered Therapy techniques that emphasize a person’s power and choice while validating their experiences. Through the combination of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) I work to follow my clients’ journey and address any maladaptive behaviors or thoughts that are holding clients back from their full potential.
I aim to bring focus to your present moment while considering how the past is affecting your “now,” to propel you toward a more functional future. I work with a variety of diagnoses including: anxiety, depression, trauma, eating disorders, and substance use, along with issues such as social functioning, trauma responses, body dysmorphia, perfectionism, self-esteem, purpose, and interpersonal relationships.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marymount University
• Member of the American Counseling Association
• I worked for two years at a psychiatric hospital as an aide for substance abuse patients and a unit therapist for those suffering from eating disorders.
• Resident in Counseling under the guidance and supervision of Colleen McCarron, LPC.
More about me:
• I’m originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
• My favorite form of movement is Yoga.
• A life goal of mine is to travel to the 7 natural wonders of the world