Sara Boothe, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
|Alexandria (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral (DBT)
- Person Centered
Through my diverse education and work experience I have come to find through the fluid connection of body and mind that clients can better navigate this hectic world. In this holistic humanistic approach, I use Gestalt Therapy and Person-Centered Therapy techniques that emphasize a person’s power and choice while validating their experiences. Through the combination of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) I work to follow my clients’ journey and address any maladaptive behaviors or thoughts that are holding clients back from their full potential.
I aim to bring focus to your present moment while considering how the past is affecting your “now,” to propel you toward a more functional future. I work with a variety of diagnoses including: anxiety, depression, trauma, eating disorders, and substance use, along with issues such as social functioning, trauma responses, body dysmorphia, perfectionism, self-esteem, purpose, and interpersonal relationships.
- I’m originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- My favorite form of movement is Yoga.
- A life goal of mine is to travel to the 7 natural wonders of the world.
- Anxiety / Panic
- Body Image
- Career Counseling
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Regulation
- Gender/Sexual Identity (LGBTQIA+)
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Obsessive-Compulsive Behaviors
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Social Skills
- Trauma and PTSD
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marymount University
- Member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)
- I worked for two years at a psychiatric hospital as an aide for substance abuse patients and a unit therapist for those suffering from eating disorders.