Resident in Counseling
Change is possible, but it doesn’t happen overnight. Change happens in the small, countless decisions we make daily. It would be my honor to be a part of your journey. My goal in counseling is to create a warm, welcoming, and honest space for you to process a range of emotions, develop new skills and create greater resiliency. It can be challenging and intimidating to start the counseling journey. In today’s world, technology has made it easier than ever to connect and yet we feel lonely at the same time. Nothing can replace the invaluable human connection formed in therapy.
I offer a holistic approach to working with adolescents, adults, and couples dealing with issues surrounding: depression, anxiety, life transitions, spirituality, relationship challenges, infertility and postpartum stress, and boundary issues. I incorporate Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, attachment theory and a client-centered approach to my sessions, often utilizing mindfulness techniques when relevant. I particularly enjoy working with young professionals as they navigate career, relationships, and personal identity. I am open to incorporating faith into our discussions per client’s request, and while I welcome working with clients of any faith, and I am personally a Christian.
Prior to joining Sunstone Counseling, I worked as a crisis counselor for high-risk adolescents and their families. This work gave me extensive experience working with adolescents with self-harm, suicidal ideation, school avoidance, peer, and parental conflict.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Resident in Counseling working towards my license as a Licensed Professional Counselor and practicing under the supervision of Colleen McCarron, LPC
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Development with a concentration in Child and Adolescent Development from Virginia Tech
• Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling from Liberty University
• Completed Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1
• Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC)
• Virginia Counselors Association (VCA)
More about me:
• I live in Del Ray with my husband and two children
• When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, baking, yoga, and working on home improvement projects
• I am an avid reader and try to read 50 books a year!