Shelley Shadron, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Christian Counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Gottman Method
- Mindfulness Based
- Person Centered
- Strengths Based
Change is possible, but it doesn’t happen overnight. Change happens in the small, countless decisions we make daily. It would be my honor to be a part of your journey. My goal in counseling is to create a warm, welcoming, and honest space for you to process a range of emotions, develop new skills and create greater resiliency. It can be challenging and intimidating to start the counseling journey. In today’s world, technology has made it easier than ever to connect and yet we feel lonely at the same time. Nothing can replace the invaluable human connection formed in therapy.
I offer a holistic approach to working with adolescents, adults, and couples dealing with issues surrounding: depression, anxiety, life transitions, spirituality, relationship challenges, infertility and postpartum stress, and boundary issues. I incorporate Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, attachment theory and a client-centered approach to my sessions, often utilizing mindfulness techniques when relevant. I particularly enjoy working with young professionals as they navigate career, relationships, and personal identity. I am open to incorporating faith into our discussions per client’s request, and while I welcome working with clients of any faith, and I am personally a Christian.
Prior to joining Sunstone Counseling, I worked as a crisis counselor for high-risk adolescents and their families. This work gave me extensive experience working with adolescents with self-harm, suicidal ideation, school avoidance, peer, and parental conflict.
- When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, baking, yoga, and working on home improvement projects.
- I am an avid reader and try to read 50 books a year!
- Anxiety / Panic
- Emotional Regulation
- Career Counseling
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Family Dynamics
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Perinatal / Postpartum
- Relationship Conflict
- Religion and Spirituality
- Stress and Overwhelm
- Master’s degree in Professional Counseling from Liberty University
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Development with a concentration in Child and Adolescent Development from Virginia Tech
- Level 1 trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Member of Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC) and Virginia Counselors Association (VCA)