Steffanie Kelshaw, LPC, CSAC
Licensed Professional Counselor
|Alexandria (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral (DBT)
- Mindfulness Based
- Motivational Interviewing
Substance abuse, depression, anxiety, life transitions, relationship problems, difficulty managing work/school/life stress. Are you struggling with any of those issues? If so, I may be the right therapist for you and I applaud your effort in looking for help. As a therapist, I offer a safe and judgment-free zone where we can work collaboratively to help get your life back on track.
Throughout my diverse work experiences over the years, I have taken pride in my ability to form connections with others, to anticipate their needs, and to help my clients live healthier and more productive lives. I collaborate with my clients to develop treatment plans that promote healing, self-efficacy, motivation, and success.
I truly enjoy empowering others to discover their inner potential and strengths. I use a variety of therapeutic treatment approaches, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, and Mindfulness based techniques. I am direct, yet compassionate, & solution focused. Feel free to call for a free initial consult!
In my free time I love going to the beach and seeing live music!
- Anxiety / Panic
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Emotional Regulation
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Stress and Overwhelm
- Substance Misuse
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from George Washington University
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from University of Vermont
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC)
- VA Board of Counseling Approved Clinical Supervisor
- Member of American Counseling Association (ACA), Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors (NVLPC), and National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)