Vanessa Cheshier, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
|Ashburn (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral (DBT)
- Mindfulness Based
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person Centered
- Solution Focused
- Strengths Based
- Trauma Focused
If any of the following statements describe you, I may be a good fit as your therapist.
- You are a family member or caretaker of someone with a serious mental illness.
- You want to overcome overeating.
- You have tried therapy before and were not satisfied with the outcome.
- You are skeptical about whether therapy is right for you.
- You experience social anxiety.
- You want to learn to regulate your emotions.
- You are considering making a change in your life.
- Alcohol or drugs are interfering with your goals or relationships.
- You have intrusive or obsessive thoughts.
- You want to learn to be more assertive.
- You are going through a major life transition.
- You want to discover your true self.
I use a person-centered, strengths-based, and trauma-informed approach to create a safe, nurturing, non-judgmental environment for therapy. I will meet you where you are and guide you to draw on your own unique strengths to reach your goals while simultaneously providing new skills and techniques to add to your tool belt.
- I live in Fairfax County with my husband, son, two cats, and dog.
- In my free time I like to play music, go camping and canoeing, and relax by a lake or river.
- I was born and raised in Washington, DC
- Anger Management
- Emotional Regulation
- Anxiety / Panic
- Attention Disorders (ADHD)
- Bipolar/Mood Disorders
- Body Image
- Career Counseling
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Gender/Sexual Identity (LGBTQIA+)
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Obsessive-Compulsive Behaviors
- Relationship Conflict
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Self-harm / Suicidal Ideation
- Social Skills
- Stress and Overwhelm
- Substance Misuse
- Trauma and PTSD
- Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work from Catholic University
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Guilford College
- Trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Experience working with individuals and groups including adults and adolescents in community mental health, private practice, group homes, and residential treatment