Graduate Counseling Intern
As a counselor in training I compassionately support and challenge those I work with to grow, reflect, and flourish to meet their treatment goals. My collective aim is to help clients eliminate distress, build more adaptive coping skills, gain insight into unhealthy patterns, and most importantly facilitate growth and healing.
I am committed to creating a safe and trusting environment for all clients where they feel seen, affirmed, respected, and free to express themselves authentically. As a generalist practitioner, I have an interest working with adults with a wide variety of concerns, including sexuality issues, relationship difficulties, trauma survivors, women’s issues, body image, self-esteem, and depressive symptoms. A unique interest of mine is couples therapy as well as sex therapy. I also have a background in substance use disorders.
My approach draws from solutions focused therapy which empowers clients to own their abilities in solving life problems. I also draw on feminist theory and relational cultural theory. A special interest of mine is yoga therapy for trauma survivors as a therapeutic integration of mind, body, and spirit. I practice under the supervision of Amy Clay, LPC. It is also important to note that my office is an inclusive and welcoming space for all people.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Master’s degree in progress in from Johns Hopkins University in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
• Dual bachelor’s degrees from University of Virginia in Psychology and Women and Gender Studies
• Member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)
• Member of Chi Sigma Iota International Honor Society (CSI)
• Member of and Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society (ΦΒΚ)
More about me:
• I am a huge fan of UVA basketball and watch every game (wahoowa).
• I currently live in Maryland for school but my family lives in Northern Virginia.
• I am a certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor and a passion of mine is to empower women in the fitness world.
• I love the outdoors (especially the pool in the summer), exercise, yoga, baking, and dogs.