Resident in Counseling
“Be like a tree and drop the dead leaves” – Rumi
Counseling is a place where we drop our dead leaves and grow new ones. As a counselor, I enjoy helping clients identify maladaptive patterns and replacing them with new healthy growth. My goal is to empower and guide clients through their therapeutic journey.
I work with adolescents and adults experiencing a wide range of issues including, anxiety, depression, communication, family dynamics, life transitions, career challenges, trauma, self-esteem, emotional dysregulation, relational challenges, and behavior problems. In my work with clients, I tailor my approach to each person’s individual needs. I use a combination of techniques including Gestalt theory, Experiential theory, and Somatic Psychotherapy to help clients achieve their goals and greater life satisfaction. I specialize in Expressive Arts Therapy, anxiety treatment in children and adolescents, as well as holistic and embodied therapeutic techniques. Every client is different, and I enjoy working with each individual and finding out what works best for them.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
• Resident in Counseling and National Certified Counselor working towards my Licensed Professional Counseling License under the Supervision of Charlie Clark, LPC.
• Masters Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marymount University
• Bachelors Degree in Psychology from Florida State University
• Trauma-Informed Expressive Arts Therapy Certified
• Professional member of the American Counseling Association (ACA).
More about me:
• I live in the NOVA area with my husband and our fur babies.
• I am an animal lover and a huge fan of outdoors activities.
• I enjoy practicing yoga and learning about herbal medicine.
• I enjoy candle making and creating macramé wall art.