Are you considering making a change to your relationship with alcohol?
This group will meet virtually for one hour on Fridays. Sessions will consist of psychoeducation on a different topic each week, activities, assessments, and group discussion.
- explore their motivation to change and the role alcohol plays in living by their personal values
- assess what kind of changes might be appropriate for their individual situation
- learn about the impacts of alcohol on the body and mind, and options to implement and maintain changes (including abstinence, moderation, and harm-reduction)
- practice relapse prevention skills, coping with urges, and implementing change plans
Adults (ages 18+) who are considering making changes to their drinking habits. Participants may not like the impacts alcohol has on their lives or have been told by a loved one that they should make a change.
Weekly on Fridays at noon (total of 8 sessions)
Virtually on Zoom (HIPAA-compliant version)
$100 per 60-min session (full payment of $800 due in advance of first session)
A one-time $125 fee for a 45-minute individual intake session is required prior to group start.
Registration and Inquiries
- A 45-minute intake session ($125) must be scheduled prior to joining.
- Participants must not be better served by a higher level of care (e.g. detox, residential, IOP) or at risk of serious withdrawal symptoms.
About the Facilitator
Vanessa has worked in the mental health field for over 13 years, many of those with clients struggling to manage their substance use. Vanessa uses techniques from DBT, CBT, harm reduction, and Motivational Interviewing to support clients in their personal journey through change – from first beginning to consider the benefits and risks of change to maintaining those changes years down the line. She has facilitated a number of substance-related groups including Intensive Outpatient, Early Recovery, Relapse Prevention, and Stages of Change.