We provide a non-judgmental space where you can openly talk about the challenges you’re facing around sex, intimacy, and sexuality. Across our lifespan, it’s completely normal to experience ups and downs around sex, whether in a relationship or as an individual.
Our empathetic counselors are trained in empirically supported interventions such as cognitive behavioral therapy, feminist therapy, sensate focused therapy, and psychoeducation.
INDIVIDUAL SEX THERAPY
- Low desire
- Delayed ejaculation
- Erectile disorder
- Female orgasmic disorder
- Female sexual interest/arousal disorder
- Genito-pelvic pain/penetration disorder
- Male hypoactive sexual desire disorder
- Premature (early) ejaculation
- Religion and sexuality
- Reclaiming sexuality after sexual assault and trauma
- Sex addiction
- Pornography addiction
- Sex and technology
- OCBS (out of control sexual behaviors)
INTEGRATIVE COUPLES AND SEX THERAPY
- Affairs and infidelity
- Kink & BDSM
- Polyamory and consensual non-monogamy
Meet our Counselors Specializing in Sex Therapy
Vanessa Cushing, MS, NCC – Resident in Counseling
I am trained as a generalist practitioner and am competent in working with adults with a wide variety of concerns. However, I am currently in the process of becoming an AASECT certified Sex Therapist. My specialization in sex therapy allows me to work with clients with a wide variety of sexual issues including but not limited to: low sexual desire, erectile dysfunction, delayed ejaculation, female orgasmic disorder, genito-pelvic pain/penetration disorder, premature ejaculation, reclaiming sexuality after trauma, sex addiction, out of control sexual behaviors, and integrative couples and sex therapy.
I am also an LGBTQ+ affirming counselor. My approach draws from cognitive behavioral therapy with a feminist orientation. This approach is especially useful in sex therapy because we are able to focus on psychological, relational, and social aspects of sexuality as well as utilizing cognitive and behavioral interventions. I also integrate mind-body interventions for trauma survivors.
Learn more about Vanessa and book a session with her today.
Madison Tincha, MA – Graduate Counseling Intern
Do you find yourself attracted to the same kind of relationships or partners? Are you stuck in the same patterns and stories? I believe I can help you. I work with adult individuals and couples who are struggling with various relationship issues including the early stages of dating, maintaining secure relationships, attachment issues, anxiety, self-esteem, and sex-related issues. Additionally, I am passionate about integrative couples and sex therapy. I work with issues like affairs and infidelity, polyamory & consensual non-monogamy, and kink & BDSM. I hope to foster a sex-positive environment that is free of judgement.
Generally, I help my clients through a psychodynamic approach. I believe that all individuals are children with complex experiences, who are now functioning in the world as adults. Because of this, we can work together to understand how and why you choose specific partners, behaviors, and how you communicate within your relationships. Together we can rewrite your story.
Learn more about Madison and book a session with her today.
Sex Therapy Resource Library and Suggested Reading
- The New Monogamy Agreement by Tami Nelson
- Getting the Sex you Want by Tami Nelson
- When you Cheat by Tami Nelson
- She Comes First by Ian Kerner
- Becoming Clitorate by Lori Menz
- Come As You Are by Emily Nagoski
- Pussy by Regina Thomashauer
- Rekindling Desire by Barry McCarthy
- Coping with Erectile Dysfunction (How to Regain Confidence and Enjoy Great Sex) by Michael Metz and Barry McCarthy
- Transgender and Gender Diverse Person: A Handbook for Service Providers, Educators, and Families by Alfred Carlozzi and Kurt Choate
- The Conscious Parent’s Guide to Gender Identity by Darlene Tando
- The Gender Quest Workbook: A Guide for Teens & Young Adults Exploring Gender Identity by Rylan Jay Testa, Deborah Coolhart, and Jayme Peta