Ashley S. Davis, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
|Richmond (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
|Virginia and DC|
- Adult (25+)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Gottman Method
- Marital/Premarital Counseling
- Person Centered
Are you and your partner stuck in an unhealthy pattern of communication? Do you long for more connection and intimacy? Are you wondering if trust can be repaired? Or maybe you find yourself wanting more support navigating an external stressor (unemployment, loss, relocation, mental health issues, addiction, infertility) These are some common challenges I help couples (and individuals) address.
My counseling approach is person-centered and integrative. I provide services to both adults and couples and specialize in helping individuals process and heal from traumatic or painful life events, cope with symptoms of depression and anxiety in daily life, navigate relationship challenges, and live in congruence with personal values.
I primarily help couples in the areas of communication and conflict management. I provide premarital counseling for couples seeking to build a strong foundation for marriage. In our work together, you can expect to process relevant aspects of your racial, cultural, and spiritual values.
My approach is empathic, warm, and non-judgmental, and my hope is that you will feel a sense of safety within the therapeutic relationship.
In my spare time, I enjoy exploring new recipes, traveling, reading memoirs and novels, and going on hikes with my shih tzu.
- Conduct and Impulse Control
- Emotional Regulation
- Family Dynamics
- Gender/Sexual Identity (LGBTQIA+)
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Relationship Conflict
- Religion and Spirituality
- Stress and Overwhelm
- Trauma and PTSD
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from a CACREP accredited graduate program
- Trained in Dr. McBride’s five-step recovery model for adult children of narcissistic parents
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapist
- Levels 1 & 2 trained in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Prepare & Enrich Facilitator (Premarital Counseling)