Licensed Professional Counselor
Ashley can be reached at (703) 639-4720
Are you and your partner stuck in an unhealthy pattern of communication? Do you long for more connection and intimacy? Are you wondering if trust can be repaired? Or maybe you find yourself wanting more support navigating an external stressor (unemployment, loss, relocation, mental health issues, addiction, infertility) These are some common challenges I help couples (and individuals) address.
My counseling approach is person-centered and integrative. I provide services to both adults and couples and specialize in helping individuals process and heal from traumatic or painful life events, cope with symptoms of depression and anxiety in daily life, navigate relationship challenges, and live in congruence with personal values.
I primarily help couples in the areas of communication and conflict management. I provide premarital counseling for couples seeking to build a strong foundation for marriage. In our work together, you can expect to process relevant aspects of your racial, cultural, and spiritual values.
My approach is empathic, warm, and non-judgmental, and my hope is that you will feel a sense of safety within the therapeutic relationship.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
- I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Virginia, and I hold an M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from a CACREP accredited graduate program.
- I’ve recently completed Dr. McBride’s five-step recovery model for adult children of narcissistic parents.
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy (Completed Levels 1 & 2 Trainings)
- Prepare & Enrich Facilitator (Premarital Counseling)
- Member of Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors Association
Things I Enjoy:
- Cooking new recipes
- Reading memoirs and novels
- Going on hikes with my shih tzu