What to Expect
- Our counselors facilitate interactive, practical workshops on various topics throughout the year that provide an opportunity for skill building, support, and growth.
- The structure and delivery of workshops and retreats vary based on the content and objectives. Costs vary based on the content, structure, and time.
- Until further notice, all workshops and retreats are being conducted online.
- Upcoming workshops include: Premarital Workshops, Co-parenting Seminars, Couples Workshops
Bringing Baby Home Workshop — Now Online!
Bringing Baby Home is a 12 hour educational workshop which was designed and created by relationship experts, Drs. John and Julie Gottman, at The Relationship Research Institute in Seattle, Washington. The Gottman’s research demonstrates that when couples become parents, there is a significant decrease in their relationship satisfaction. Further research has shown that relationship discord and conflict have a profound negative effect on the couples’ infants and toddlers.
The goal of this program is to improve the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening the parental relationship.
Who is it for?
The program is for pregnant couples and families with children up to three years of age. Babies in arms are welcome (less than 1 year of age).
What is the structure?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, 7.5 hours of the workshop are completed with the trainer, Julia Ward, during three 2.5 hour virtual sessions, and the other 4.5 hours are completed by the couple in between sessions.
What is covered?
- Increase friendship in the relationship
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Keep dads involved in infant care and parenting
- Improve the quality of parent–infant interaction
- Recognize the psychological and emotional needs of their child
- Co-Parent effectively
Cost: $395 per couple for the workshop, including materials for the couple
When: Three upcoming workshops are available with space for 5 couples in each workshop:
Fridays from 3:30-6 pm on February 26, March 5 & March 12
Sundays from 3-5:30 pm on March 7, March 14 & March 21
Location: Online, via HIPAA-compliant video platform, Theranest
Contact: For more information or to sign up, contact Julia Ward, Resident in Counseling | Julia@sunstonecounselors.com.
Yoga & Mental Wellness Workshops for Adults & Teens
When we experience chronic feelings of overwhelm, stress, anxiety, or depressed mood it can be challenging to access our inner strength and tools for healing. Yoga is a bridge we can build to those internal resources. We are offer introductory workshops that lay the foundation of an at-home yoga mental wellness practice through understanding of basic psychology, neuroscience, and polyvagal theory, yoga postures, and breathwork.
We have several counselors ready to help facilitate learning and development in a safe and supportive group setting. Click here to find the highly trained and empathetic counselor for your journey.
Need help choosing a counselor?
We’re here to help match you with the right counselor for your needs and goals.