Join us in taking a deep dive into your relationship with eating disorder recovery.
Peer support brings a unique level of dedication to the recovery process. This process style group will focus on the issues, questions, and topics brought by group members during each session.
Common topics include:
- Finding a healthy balance with physical activity
- Seeking support from family and friends
- Understanding motivations for recovery
- Improving body image
- Challenging diet culture
- Practicing self-compassion
- Boosting self-confidence
- Cultivating a sense of identity beyond disordered eating
- and more!
Clients with diagnoses including Anorexia, Bulimia, OSFED, ARFID, and Binge Eating Disorder are welcome. We aim to explore the underlying causes and coping mechanisms associated with disordered eating, rather than specific symptoms and behaviors, so that everyone can relate on a shared level. These groups are conducted through a secure virtual platform that adheres to HIPAA regulations.
All genders are invited to participate.
- This group is for Adults (Ages 23+)
- Participants must regularly meet with an individual therapist and dietitian while participating in groups. The cost of each intake is $75
- Participants must meet with a group facilitator for a 30-minute initial intake session to assess whether the group is a good fit for each client’s needs
- Participants must commit to attending a minimum of 8 consecutive weekly sessions to help foster group cohesion and consistency
- Participants must reside in Virginia
$80 per session (minimum 8-week commitment required)
$600 when paying all in advance
September 28th-November 16th, 2023
Weekly on Thursdays at 6:00 PM
Group currently meets virtually via a HIPAA-secure platform
Meet the Facilitator
Hannah Moore, M.A., NCC, Resident in Counseling
Hannah utilizes a Client Centered approach to provide clients with a safe and nonjudgmental space to process and connect with others within the group. She also touches on CBT and DBT to give clients skills to take home and work with outside of the group setting. She has experience working with eating disorders, excessive exercise, and body image issues in both residential and outpatient settings.