Do you think you would benefit from extra support on your eating disorder recovery journey?
Eating disorder recovery can feel like a unique and isolating process. This group aims to provide peer support and relatability that is not accessible in individual therapy. The process-oriented group structure allows for open conversation and the opportunity to both support and be supported by people that are going through similar experiences.
Each group will start with a check in so everyone has an opportunity to share. Following the check in, the groups will open up for whoever has something they would like to process. The group will end with a checkout or takeaway that they’d like to bring into the next week.
All genders are invited to participate.
- This group is for High school aged (14-18) adolescents.
- Participants must regularly meet with an individual therapist and dietitian while participating in groups. The cost of each intake is $75
- Participants must meet with a group facilitator for a 30-minute initial intake session to assess whether the group is a good fit for each client’s needs
- Participants must commit to attending a minimum of 8 consecutive weekly sessions to help foster group cohesion and consistency
- Participants must reside in Virginia
$80 per session (minimum 8-week commitment required)
$600 when paying all in advance
Weekly on Tuesdays at 5:00 PM
Group currently meets virtually via a HIPAA-secure platform
Meet the Facilitator
Morgan Canner, M.A., Resident in Counseling
Morgan works to provide a comfortable and open environment for clients to feel safe sharing their experiences with the group. She has experience leading groups and has worked with eating disorders at partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care.