Licensed Professional Counselor
Jennifer can be reached at 757-646-0456 or
I believe that an atmosphere of warmth and authenticity helps lead to a constructive, yet positive growth outcome for all individuals. Using an approach geared to address a person’s individual needs, I work with children, adolescents, and adults across multiple domains with a range of needs. I meet an individual where they are at and help the individual progress towards positive life change.
My passion is working with children as young as three years old. I use play therapy to allow a child optimum expression of their thoughts and feelings to confront challenges associated with anger management, anxiety, depression, developmental delays, ADHD, and trauma. In addition, I believe it is important to incorporate parents into this process using concurrent parent sessions where I work alongside parents using a Family Systems approach to help parents feel more confident and capable in supporting and responding to their child’s needs.
I also work with teens who have difficulties appropriately expressing their thoughts and feelings resulting in issues arising within the school, home, or other settings and I work with adults to help them address challenges such as life transitions, parenting stress, co-parenting, anxiety, relationship stress, and depression.
• Licensed Professional Counselor
• National Certified Counselor
• VA Board of Counseling Approved Clinical Supervisor
• Person-Centered Therapy
• Play Therapy
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
• Co-Parenting/Parenting Stress
• Member of Association for Play Therapy and Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors
When I’m not seeing clients, you can catch me:
o Chasing after my son or throwing a ball to my dog, a Blue Heeler
o Whipping something up in the kitchen
o Getting lost in a book on the couch
o Channeling stress into a good sweat output
• Growing up as an Army brat, I attended 4 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 2 high schools living in a total of 8 places. Change has been the biggest constant in my life!