Resident in Counseling
Lauren can be reached at (703) 888-6785 or
One’s experience in therapy should be as unique as they are as a person.
In working with my clients, I do not use a one-size-fits-all approach because it assumes that one
treatment or modality can meet the various needs of different clients. People come to
counseling for a variety of reasons, anxiety, job stress, grief, parenting, a breakup,
trauma, and so much more. Regardless of the reason, counseling can help one heal or
overcome a difficulty in life. As a counselor, I want to create a space for my clients to
bring themselves and their challenges as they are, and without fear of judgement.
I work with children, adolescents, adults, and families on a variety of issues, including
anxiety, depression, autism, trauma, behavioral concerns, intellectual disabilities,
life-transitions, self-esteem, disordered eating, parenting, and family dynamics. At the
core of my work is creating a warm, authentic, and non-judgmental space for my clients
as they go through the counseling process. I use an eclectic approach to tailor my work
to the needs of my clients, drawing from CBT, family systems, person-centered, and
In my work with children, I use a variety of tools, including play therapy, to work with
each child individually. Working with adolescents and adults, I believe it is essential to
work with them within the context of their environment and relationships. With
children and adolescents, I believe that parental figures are an integral component in
the counseling process, and as such, I believe in incorporating them into their child’s
treatment. With families, we can work together to target a family’s goals and explore
healthy forms of communication and boundaries.
Education, Credentials & Memberships
- Resident in Counseling working toward my license as a Licensed Professional
Counselor and practicing under the supervision of Katie Clark, LPC, RPT.
- Dual Master’s degrees from the University of Pennsylvania; M.S.Ed. in
Counseling and Mental Health Services and M.Phil.Ed. in Professional
- Dual bachelor’s degrees from the College of William and Mary in Psychology and
- Member of the American Counseling Association.
More About Me:
- I grew up in Arlington, VA.
- In my free time I enjoy playing guitar, painting, reading, and spending time with
friends, family, and pets.
- I am a mom to a French Lop bunny and lots of plants.
- I love traveling and learning about different places and cultures.