|Ashburn (map it)|
|Teletherapy for residents of:|
- Adolescent (14-17)
- Adult (25+)
- Child (7-10)
- Young Adult (18-25)
- Young Child (3-6)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Mindfulness Based
- Person Centered
- Play Therapy
- Solution Focused
- Strengths Based
It takes vulnerability to seek out and participate in counseling services, and I honor your courage for doing so.
Do you appear to “have it all together” on the outside, but maybe you feel unfulfilled, alone or lost on the inside? Do you long for more meaning and connection?
Do you wish to move forward in life, but feel stuck, or bogged down by shame, resentment, hurt, anxiety, or self-doubt?
Would you like support while caring for a loved one, navigating a crisis of faith, or trying to manage the demands of daily life?
Do you desire personal growth, an increase in self-esteem, or an opportunity to reframe or rewrite your story?
I want to help you thrive through the ups and downs of life. We can strengthen resilience and increase well-being by:
- processing past experiences
- living more mindfully in the present
- and preparing for the future by learning skills, connecting with ourselves and others, and working toward meaningful goals.
My therapeutic approach is collaborative and holistic. I believe it’s important to consider both internal and environmental factors that could be contributing to the issues you’re experiencing. We will focus on your strengths, your goals, and what matters most to you. I encourage self-compassion and aim to equip you with skills and strategies to use between sessions and throughout the rest of your life.
I strive to provide you with a safe, respectful and compassionate space to explore your thoughts and feelings and process your experiences. This is your life, and I’m here to support and empower you to live it as fully as possible.
I was born into a large family and raised in Southern California. I have been an avid journaler and love taking photos and creating photo journals. These hobbies have provided the opportunity to reflect on and process some of my life experiences. I now reside in Northern Virginia with my husband and two children. Simple pleasures such as going for a walk, listening to a good podcast, sipping a warm cup of tea, gardening, or relaxing around a campfire with loved ones long into the night help me feel grounded and bring joy into my life.
- Anxiety / Panic
- Body Image
- Emotional Regulation
- Life Transitions and Adjustment
- Religion and Spirituality
- Self-esteem / Personal Growth
- Social Skills
- Stress and Overwhelm
- Trauma and PTSD
- Pursuing Master’s degree in Social Work, George Mason University (expected 2024)
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Management and Youth Leadership with a double minor in Nonprofit Management and Family Life
- Student Member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- I completed an internship at an intensive, transitional group home for individuals diagnosed with serious mental illness.