What to Expect
- Sunstone has more than a dozen counselors trained in connecting with children. Our goal is to help children process emotions, navigate challenges, and develop age-appropriate coping and social skills.
- Common areas addressed in child therapy include ADD & ADHD, school refusal, behavioral issues, emotional regulation, parental separation or divorce, depression, and anxiety.
- Our primary approach to therapy for children ages 3-12 is play therapy, where kids can express themselves in their primary mode of communication.
- While play therapy is conducted with only the counselor and child, counselors also typically meet with parents on a regular basis to discuss treatment plans, progress, and goals.
- Our sessions are tailored to the needs and goals of our clients, typically running 55 minutes – although many counselors offer 90-minute sessions at an increased rate – and varying in frequency. Rates range from $75 – $180/session. For more information on payment and billing, visit our FAQ page.
Sunstone has more than a dozen counselors trained in connecting with children. Click here to find the highly trained and empathetic counselor for your child.
Need help choosing a counselor?
We’re here to help match you with the right counselor for your needs and goals.